Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
HOME FORUM HELP DKP SEARCH LOGIN REGISTER 
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Your mission...should you choose to accept it  (Read 1237 times)
Bellatrix
tubgirl

View Profile Email
« on: September 16, 2008, 10:41:29 AM »

Greetings.

I am approaching your guild to participate in the survey article for Elitist Jerks Wiki.

Before I begin, please note that I have written this post only once and as such, this is a like a boiler plate. If I have at any point in the past come across your guild and am familiar with your guild in more ways than a name on commonly visited warcraft related web-sites, then please note that the generic approach is universal and do not take anything personally.

Criteria for the approach (can be any one or combination of them):
·   You are/have been in top 100 US in The Burning Crusade
·   You are an old guild and/or gaming community that has potentially come from a different game.
·   I have personally come across your website and liked the appearance of your recruiting process. The validity of which remains to be seen.
·   I have personal experience with your recruiting process and as such deem you a worthy participant. (I am writing the article, you don’t have to like this one)
·   You have come recommended from a fellow author/player.

Onto the meat of the issue then, shall we?

Yours truly is an author for Elitist Jerks Theorycrafting Think Tank with a task to write a survey article on best practices in the recruiting process.

With Wrath of The Lich King just around the corner, many guilds will be changing rosters and make-up, people will quit, old timers will come out and the need for recruiting will arise again and the competition will be fierce.

As you can see your guild has been chosen to participate, should you be willing, ready and able. All you will have to do is provide some basic information, which will come to you in a form of a questionnaire.

If you do chose to participate, please send me a PM on your forums. I have approached a lot of guilds and as such, do not hold it against me if I can’t babysit your forums for the reply. I can, however, babysit my email and I will see the notification. I realize that this is an extra step, but please help me out if you can.

Some housekeeping rules that are important to know:

I can either disclose or not disclose the name of your guild, website etc. - depends if you desire notoriety or are already famous/infamous of your own accord.

Even if you choose to participate, I reserve the right not to include information you provided in the article. Sorry, but c’est la vie.

If you get accepted as a guild in the survey, you should be willing to answer some additional and more customized questions about your recruiting process. Potential vent interview may be requested. If this is the case, vent info will be sent to you.

What’s in it for you?

Notoriety and a name/website in the acknowledgements of the article including name of the GM and the recruiting officer (provided both are involved in the recruiting process) to be forever commemorated on the Elitist Jerks Theorycrafting Think Tank Wiki. I will include your name as a willing participant even if I don’t include your process in the article.

Stroke to your ego that I picked you. I know it’s not much, but hey, it’s something.

My eternal gratitude for not being a douche and actually caring about bettering World of Warcraft community as a whole and the environment we play in.

A willing participant in the ‘Instruction Manual’ to weed out the apps we have all received at some point or another. ‘IR UBER, KEN I JOIN UR GILD, KKTHXBAI’
Gross.

Last but not least, we all know who visits EJ. If nothing else, it is a commercial for your guild. All you have to do is answer some questions.

So what do you say?

Thank you very much for your consideration in the matter and I hope we will have an opportunity to discuss your recruiting process in more detail.

P.S.  If you do decide to participate, please allow 24-48 hours for me to send you the questionnaire. 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 10:44:37 AM by Bellatrix » Logged
Gadz
Mascot
2girls1cup

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 10:53:49 AM »

It can't hurt us to help out.  If Videl or Stent don't want to deal with it, I can send him a PM.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 11:22:25 AM by Gadz » Logged
Videl

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 11:56:46 AM »

It can't hurt us to help out.  If Videl or Stent don't want to deal with it, I can send him a PM.

I PM'd him
Pages: [1] Print

« previous next »
Jump to:  

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function show_bottomAds()