Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
HOME FORUM HELP DKP SEARCH LOGIN REGISTER 
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Warhammer  (Read 9739 times)
Giltha
Mascot
tubgirl

View Profile Email
« on: August 24, 2008, 10:30:32 PM »

I was just wondering if anyone was planning on playing at launch, if so what faction/class/server?

Me and Burg are gonna be there, thats all im saying.
monmoth
Guild Member
Hungry Wizard

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 11:40:18 PM »

I have it on preorder and after the preview weekend I don't know if its worth the 50 bucks. Its a more clunky wow with some minor improvements. There were still quite a few buggy things. IE mobs that lock in to combat with you but run the wrong direction , unkillable party quest mobs, and even better yet I summoned a quest mob someone attacked it before I did  and there was no way to resummon him so I couldn't finish the quest.

Overall the games new so its fun for a bit. Leveling seems quick and overall the quest system is pretty awesome. I think its one of those games that's worth waiting till its been fleshed out and hear what people think in a month or two after its out.
Burg
Guild Member
goatse

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2008, 07:05:24 AM »

Did you do any RvR or scenarios?  From reading other peoples impressions, thats the only part I'm interested in.
monmoth
Guild Member
Hungry Wizard

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2008, 09:07:16 AM »

I tried them and its much like wow , I only was able to queue for one BG and I don't know why maybe I just didn't do it enough? Basicly it was 2 node capture deal once you had both they would explode, kill anyone around them, and then reset. Everyone ran around like crazy not healing and getting slaughtered.

I was some melee healer class and my heals did dick. It might have been a level thing becuase just like in wow I was level 3 the first time I did it and there were level 10-11 running around that could 3 shot me. Even when I whent back there at level 12 my heals seemed like crap. It may be a tottaly balanced and fun game at the cap but in the mean time the BG's just seem like a mess. So I'm going to wait to hear from people that play at 40 and see how it is.
Teleyn
tubgirl

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 07:17:50 PM »

I'll be playing an Ironbreaker on launch, fuck if I know what server though.  Someone pick one and I'll roll up there.
Giltha
Mascot
tubgirl

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 01:21:38 PM »

Not exactly sure what server we are gonna be rolling up on, I guess we will figure all that out once open beta starts up.
monmoth
Guild Member
Hungry Wizard

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 02:04:15 PM »

after the preview weekend I think I'm isle of the dead if you guys want to start there.
Digo
Daddy Digo
Global Moderator
Mr.Hands

broken shell of a man

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 04:39:14 PM »

elitist jerks BB is making an order guild on some server. should coordinate with them to make sure we have non-retarded allies.
Giltha
Mascot
tubgirl

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 04:06:50 PM »

Find out digo that would be cool
Valkie
Mascot
tubgirl

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 04:42:41 PM »

and you thought box jumping was a joke! I was clearly training...

http://mygamersvideos.onlinewelten.com/videos/xk9WPioQpQ6S/

jumping to hidden bosses, lets hope our female players from naxx have been practicing.
hob
Mascot
goatse

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2008, 06:13:09 PM »

http://www.mmorpg.com/betas/war_beta.cfm a few keys there if you were interested in war's ob but not a fileplanet subscriber.
disco
Mascot
tubgirl

KLAKLAKLAK

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2008, 09:11:23 AM »

I'm thinking about dipping a toe into the WAR waters ... is it sufficiently amusing to warrant dusting off my XP box?

monmoth
Guild Member
Hungry Wizard

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2008, 02:11:58 PM »

Classes have interesting play styles, its easy to level, and get loot(although I don't know how good the loot is in the long run.)The quest system is pretty much dummy proof although there are bugs with it and sometimes what you have to do to  complete quests isn't clear. There were a lot "evade" bugged mobs when I play playing in the beta on friday. It will really boil down to how RvR works at 40 and how the balance is. In the mean time it seems decent but not great.
Burg
Guild Member
goatse

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2008, 02:59:31 PM »

I'm thinking about dipping a toe into the WAR waters ... is it sufficiently amusing to warrant dusting off my XP box?

Me, Sullon, Pronx, Gilth, and others will be there.  I think you'll be amused even if the game sucks.
Sullon
Guild Member
tubgirl

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2008, 09:18:39 AM »

Doing the beta thing on Isle of the Dead - Order side
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print

« previous next »
Jump to:  

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function show_bottomAds()