Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
HOME FORUM HELP DKP SEARCH LOGIN REGISTER 
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Digo's health care thread  (Read 7142 times)
Gasmask
Administrator
2girls1cup

Smell my finger

View Profile Email
« on: April 22, 2008, 12:54:13 AM »

Inoculated Against Facts--
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/31/opinion/31offit.html?_r=3&th&emc=th&oref=slogin&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

Measles--
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/21/us/21vaccine.html?_r=1&ex=1363838400&en=2156876f5b257d90&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss&oref=slogin

Marx/Lenin '08
Digo
Daddy Digo
Global Moderator
Mr.Hands

broken shell of a man

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2008, 12:59:38 AM »

i don't know how idiots can stand in the face of this and claim otherwise. it's worse than religion.
Bag
Guild Member
Mr.Hands

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 10:20:01 AM »

liberal douche(s)

Like Broseph Stalin, you are leading the way to the dictatorship of the broletariate. It is truly revbrolutionary. Like the Bro v. Wade of our generation. You brobliterate the enemy from the very peak of Mt. Brolympus. That's some shit. That's brolific. But that's the kind of bro you are.
Gasmask
Administrator
2girls1cup

Smell my finger

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2008, 10:33:14 AM »

This isn't liberal vs conservative.  Unless you are some sort of hard-line libertarian I can't see the other side of this insanity.

Marx/Lenin '08
Bag
Guild Member
Mr.Hands

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 11:05:48 AM »

it's basic liberty principle shit.  there is nothing groundbreaking about the fact that immunizations are necessary for soceity to function.  isn't there some more significant cooky shit for you guys to get upset about?

Like Broseph Stalin, you are leading the way to the dictatorship of the broletariate. It is truly revbrolutionary. Like the Bro v. Wade of our generation. You brobliterate the enemy from the very peak of Mt. Brolympus. That's some shit. That's brolific. But that's the kind of bro you are.
Digo
Daddy Digo
Global Moderator
Mr.Hands

broken shell of a man

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2008, 11:20:23 AM »

the issue was that amy has been bitching because i want our kid to get vaccinated and she's been brainwashed by this new legion of wellness parasites to think that western medicine is evil.
Bag
Guild Member
Mr.Hands

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 11:22:46 AM »

there's always going to be morons.  when YOUR liberty is taken to the extreme of infringing on the liberty of the entire community, then you have compromised freedom.  this is simple stuff.

aquasheep
Administrator
Mr.Hands

sheeeeeeeeeeeee

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 11:40:03 AM »

it's basic liberty principle shit.  there is nothing groundbreaking about the fact that immunizations are necessary for soceity to function.  isn't there some more significant cooky shit for you guys to get upset about?

Next thing you'll be telling us that circumcision is just the bees knees, and should be mandated for everyone.

The presence of medical exemptions for vaccinations is, perhaps, the product of a liberal mindset, but people that actually take advantage of it for stupid reasons aren't being lolfreedom, they're just stupid.
Bag
Guild Member
Mr.Hands

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2008, 12:14:56 PM »

circumcision does not directly affect other people that would otherwise be completely uninvolved with the individual.  not vaccinating creates a dangerous environment for people in a public setting like, say, school, and should be legally mandated.

Kojack
Guild Member
2girls1cup

Sweet Lemonade

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 12:30:26 PM »

Fucking measles, shits spreadin' like AIDS in Africa!

Digo
Daddy Digo
Global Moderator
Mr.Hands

broken shell of a man

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 12:33:32 PM »

the worst part is, no matter how much evidence you present these people they cannot be convinced. they are sure that the study must have been in some way influenced by corrupt corporations or evil governments trying to steal your precious bodily fluids.

"well i'm healthy and i never got vaccinated. all my friends and i were treated with herbs and we were healthy, so it must work!" that's not science. that's conjecture. medicine is based on science: self-examining processes which are continually in the practice of disproving themselves in an effort to obtain better methods. i think it's worse than religion because if you don't believe what i believe, nothing happens. if you don't vaccinate and start an outbreak, you ought to be punished for it severely.
Viodia
Mr.Hands

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 02:25:25 PM »

the issue was that amy has been bitching because i want our kid to get vaccinated and she's been brainwashed by this new legion of wellness parasites to think that western medicine is evil.

Just say you’re taking Scarlet to the park, and go get her shots.  :)

Binks
Global Moderator
2girls1cup

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 02:27:01 PM »

Do MMR vaccinations cause Autism?  Most of the support is based on correlational data that doesn't take into numerous confounding variables (increases in the population, autism aware doctors, etc.)

A better correlational predictor would be gender, which should make you happy that she's a girl :p
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 04:16:53 PM by Binks » Logged
Bag
Guild Member
Mr.Hands

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 02:27:54 PM »

i'll give scarlet a love juice vaccination with my syringe.

Samslara
Mascot
meatspin

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2008, 02:42:57 PM »

I don't know too many people that are directly affected by this, and so I wanted to know how you are dealing with this with Amy, Digo.  How did she come to the conclusion that vaccinations are bad?
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print

« previous next »
Jump to:  

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function show_bottomAds()