Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
HOME FORUM HELP DKP SEARCH LOGIN REGISTER 
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Finally! an MMO gaming mouse that looks decent enough to buy.  (Read 1900 times)
Olldrac
Guild Member
2girls1cup

MSN Messenger - itheone@msn.com
View Profile Email
« on: August 20, 2009, 03:25:27 PM »

Almost a year ago Steel series, a popular Asian brand for input devices released their answer to MMO players for the utter lack of mice with intelligent button placement and customizable buttons through software.

It sounded good on paper, but when it was released it was an absolute failure, the software was buggy, the build quality is terrible, and the software is not compatible with 64-bit operating systems which is what I use.

Well at any rate it looks like at least one of the major gaming input device companies finally has a clue, Razor just announced the Razer naga.

Here is a youtube video highlighting it's features:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeXsk5kmcBk

Over the past few months several people asked me if I had the steel series mouse and the answer is no, I use a Logitech G9, but am definitely picking up one of the Razer's when they hit retail unless of course Logitech follows up with something better.

heartburnz
Mascot
tubgirl

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 07:59:57 PM »

i've used multiple razer mouses and they have all been amazing... this one looks very promising as well

oh wait i thought this was for the mamba jk. 12 buttons is a little excessive i guess it's convenient if you want to play wow with 1 hand and jerk off with the other but isn't that what cast sequence macros are for.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 08:04:51 PM by heartburnz » Logged
pontifex
Guild Member
lemonparty

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 11:40:30 PM »

Just from that video, I can tell you that I'm not getting one, and I don't want one.

I also have a G9, and the two buttons on the side are more than enough for me, and any more would make it difficult for me to move my character with the mouse.

Olldrac
Guild Member
2girls1cup

MSN Messenger - itheone@msn.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 12:23:19 PM »

My order just shipped today (9/11) so I will have it on next Tuesday.

I'll post my opinion here after I have used it for a few weeks.

Pferox
Mascot
meatspin

MSN Messenger - aka_fs@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 07:41:20 AM »

I should get mine Monday if UPS dont screw the thing up. I can't wait to finally have a gaming mouse. I mean, I roll with a MX Revolution for the last two years which is decent (11 button) but its wireless and sometime unprecise. The Razer Naga look awesome and I'm very interested in the addon that comes with it. ANyways, I'll bring feedback too next week on how I can play wow and jerk off at the same time. Recount should show an overall degradation of my dps with a huge spike near the end of the fight...or when Vio talks.
Pferox
Mascot
meatspin

MSN Messenger - aka_fs@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 01:21:02 PM »

I've just received my Naga, and I gotta say I'm impress by the handle. I though it would be awekward to have all those button but, it actually feels pretty smooth. Some time will be needed to adapt but I'm fairly happy with the hardware so far.
Pages: [1] Print

« previous next »
Jump to:  

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function show_bottomAds()