Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
HOME FORUM HELP DKP SEARCH LOGIN REGISTER 
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Digo's health care thread  (Read 7143 times)
Bag
Guild Member
Mr.Hands

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2008, 11:07:42 AM »

Digo, stop being a douche.  this ain't going to go anywhere, it's just a bunch of morons and your wife.  beat her into submission and get on with your life.

Like Broseph Stalin, you are leading the way to the dictatorship of the broletariate. It is truly revbrolutionary. Like the Bro v. Wade of our generation. You brobliterate the enemy from the very peak of Mt. Brolympus. That's some shit. That's brolific. But that's the kind of bro you are.
Gadz
Mascot
2girls1cup

View Profile Email
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2008, 11:58:57 AM »

oh, and question about the vaccine costs. i was told that doctors in the provider network are given mandates from the insurance companies about what kind of care they must provide in order to be part of the network. if i were an insurance company, i would absofuckinglutely want them to adhere to these standards, right? if i prescribe vaccinations and drugs that make people not get sick, then that means they don't have to go to the doctor, which means i don't have to pay the doctors to treat them, which means i make more profit, right? am i missing something here?

I didn't really comment on this before, but this is something you are going to see more of in the future.  Insurance companies giving physicians "bonuses" if you will for following certain guildlines or for keeping their population of patients healthy. 

Here is an example.  Lets say that an insurance company has decided that a certain set of care guidelines is the best at reducing the chance for a person to have heart problems.  That insurance company then has a lot of power in getting a physician to treat their patients in a certain way.  They will give a provider more money for peforming the "correct" care.  It may be as simple as making sure the provider has tried to control the patient's weight by recommending an exercise program or diet. It could however get the point where a insurance company will only pay a provider if they perscribe a specific medication or follow a extremely narrow plan of care.

So, is this good or bad?  Well it has the potential to act as a double check to make sure a physician is providing the appropriate and recommended care.  However, if the physician feels like they are forced into providing care that is not appropriate for a specific patient then these incentives have basically taken the power out of the physician's hands and put it into the hands of insurance companies.

The company I work for is trying to "eliminate insurance companies" by basically becoming one and doing it better.  What I described above is part of what they hope to accomplish.
Bag
Guild Member
Mr.Hands

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2008, 12:08:29 PM »

Is that what goes on during pillow talk with you and Mrs. cougar?

Like Broseph Stalin, you are leading the way to the dictatorship of the broletariate. It is truly revbrolutionary. Like the Bro v. Wade of our generation. You brobliterate the enemy from the very peak of Mt. Brolympus. That's some shit. That's brolific. But that's the kind of bro you are.
Digo
Daddy Digo
Global Moderator
Mr.Hands

broken shell of a man

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2008, 02:38:43 PM »

Gadz, can you do me a favor and ask your mom if she can find evidence of what it costs doctors to provide vaccinations? (or maybe you can get it from work?) She refused to believe that doctors aren't making money on providing vaccinations.
Gadz
Mascot
2girls1cup

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2008, 04:56:16 PM »

I can probably dig something up.
Digo
Daddy Digo
Global Moderator
Mr.Hands

broken shell of a man

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2008, 07:15:50 PM »

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=940CE3D7163AF936A15755C0A9639C8B63&sec=&spon=&pagewanted=1

this article pretty much puts a nail in the coffin of the whole argument. unfortunately, the people against vaccines don't seem to acknowledge facts and evidence, so i guess it doesn't matter.
Vess
tubgirl

View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2008, 07:44:10 PM »

digo she's a woman what do you expect. she'd performed her function in life so now she has to go back to acting like an imbecilic, obstinate attention whore. it's all a part of the process dawg
aquasheep
Administrator
Mr.Hands

sheeeeeeeeeeeee

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2008, 07:54:00 PM »

unfortunately, the people against vaccines don't seem to acknowledge facts and evidence, so i guess it doesn't matter.

You can try this, but I can't guarantee it will work because I've never had the patience to try it.

Photoshop the labels in the image to say "vaccination" and "autism" or something. Show the vaccination picture first and ask if it sounds reasonable and scientifically valid. Then show that the decline of pirates is statistically correlated to the rise of global warning and ask why that doesn't sound equally reasonable. Seriously.

*edit: I'm being totally serious about this btw, the only way I can think of to demonstrate to some people that they have problems recognizing logical fallacies is to draw parallels to an absurd example. Try it.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2008, 10:45:00 PM by aquasheep » Logged
Samslara
Mascot
meatspin

View Profile Email
« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2008, 04:20:52 PM »

Try to sell her the rock that keeps tigers away.
Hrafnkel
Updater
goatse

View Profile Email
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2008, 07:57:03 PM »

Scarlet has bright future ahead.

I am the worst kind of person.
rolpete08
tubgirl

View Profile Email
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2009, 07:39:58 PM »

Yeah Medicaid won't even reimburse for the cost of the vaccine which could range from $30-100 and you could just get a $7 for giving a shot. And a extreme case and private insurances reimburse better then the government since they actually factor in the cost of the vaccine.

Mascot
2girls1cup

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2009, 12:01:07 PM »

who are you?

And working in medical billing I can tell you they charge 100$ for something that costs half that much because they know medicare won't cover the full cost, and ppl without insurance are only going to be able to pay what they can. So private insurers cover the difference when they tell them it costs 100 bucks because they pay the 100 bucks.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print

« previous next »
Jump to:  

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function show_bottomAds()