Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
HOME FORUM HELP DKP SEARCH LOGIN REGISTER 
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Indiana Jones and the Abomination of the Fourth Installment  (Read 6162 times)
Hrafnkel
Updater
goatse

View Profile Email
« on: October 18, 2008, 12:27:49 PM »

I just rented and watched this terrible red-headed step child of a fourth installment that not even CPS would love. It was awful. I swear to God in Heaven that if Shia LeDoucheHole takes the reigns as Henry Jones III in a fifth movie, I will forsake the entire series.

I am the worst kind of person.
aquasheep
Administrator
Mr.Hands

sheeeeeeeeeeeee

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 01:19:14 PM »

http://gizmodo.com/392495/indiana-jones-theme-secret-lyrics-uncovered

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz6FPhrPat4&feature=related

INDIANA FUCK-ING JOOOONNNESSSS
Gasmask
Administrator
2girls1cup

Smell my finger

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 02:45:32 PM »

http://www.cinematical.com/2008/10/09/watch-this-spielberg-and-lucas-raping-indiana-jones-literally/

Marx/Lenin '08
RuneX
lemonparty

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 06:47:42 PM »

I dont get the hate that Shia gets. IMO hes pretty good. Yes indy IV was a travesty but to pin it one someone that was approached by Harrison Ford, Stephen Spielberg, and George Lucas and say no seems a bit absurd.

Eagle Eye was a fairly good movie as well as Disturbia and I always thought he was funny in Constantine. Any able to explain the hate?

PS: Lucas and Spielberg should be ashamed.
Hrafnkel
Updater
goatse

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 09:22:58 PM »

I did not like the movie. I do not like Shia LeBouf separately but equally for all his roles.

I don't blame Shia for Indiana IV, I blame 3 people promising that it needed to be a great script for another installment and then settling on a piece of crap that should have been considered a waste of time to even read.

Kojack
Guild Member
2girls1cup

Sweet Lemonade

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 09:02:56 PM »

Hank please please please...

Shia LeDoMe

Gadz
Mascot
2girls1cup

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 10:34:56 PM »

I agree with Hank, I blame the script more than anything else.  It was just bad.  Like I wrote this on the bus on the way to my film class bad.
emi
Mascot
2girls1cup

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 01:54:59 AM »

I was ok with it at first, as it was Indy punching out dudes in military uniforms while not getting hit by bullets, which is what you expect.
And then.
Aliens.
If I had picked up that screenplay I'd have done the world a favour and burnt it on the spot.

Vindra
Mascot
2girls1cup

Here on level 1 of robot hell

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 09:48:31 AM »

What person in their right mind could possibly let this go to production.  Did they watch the first 3 movies?  The ark of the covenant and the holy grail belong to god.  If you believe in god you believe in the fact that he created the universe, the earth, and man in his image.  How can anyone smart enough to dress themselves not see aliens as a conflict in a mutually exclusive system like that.  Window licking mother fucking retards.

And don't get me started about surviving a nuclear detonation inside a refrigerator.
Omnia
Mascot
goatse

Vetiver

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 01:08:09 PM »

And don't get me started about surviving a nuclear detonation inside a refrigerator.

Haha, I haven't actually seen this movie yet (and not sure I plan to), but having a Physics (and Astronomy) major, it's amazing how many suspense moments are ruined for me in films because they just don't make sense according to basic physics laws (or else make some outlandish Astrophysical references).
Samslara
Mascot
meatspin

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 01:55:16 PM »

What person in their right mind could possibly let this go to production.  Did they watch the first 3 movies?  The ark of the covenant and the holy grail belong to god.  If you believe in god you believe in the fact that he created the universe, the earth, and man in his image.  How can anyone smart enough to dress themselves not see aliens as a conflict in a mutually exclusive system like that.  Window licking mother fucking retards.

I came away from the movie thinking they were playing with the idea that the mayan and egyptian pyramids were somehow influenced by aliens.  It kind of followed the theme of the movies, from raiders of the lost arc to the last crusade.  It did, though, break the theme of ancient myths by adding high tech aliens and all of that, but it didn't seem like too much of a stretch.
Videl

Email
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 02:20:41 PM »

I'd almost watch this now just to see how awful it is...

Aliens?

Really?

Arkada
lemonparty

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 02:45:21 PM »

He didn't survive a nuclear detonation.  He survived the shockwave and was shielded from the radiation by the lead lining (the refrigerator said "Lead Lined!" on it).  The part about the refrigerator flying through the air is just Hollywood fun, but that part isn't actually too far off.

And yes, having aliens in the  movie totally ruined it.

Seriously, wtf.
Gasmask
Administrator
2girls1cup

Smell my finger

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2008, 04:15:46 PM »

Wouldn't it get hot in that fridge?

Can we get the physics majors to weigh in on feasibility of lead refrigerator bomb shelters?

Marx/Lenin '08
Hrafnkel
Updater
goatse

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2008, 07:15:23 AM »

I think they had lead lined refrigerators installed in all the schools in the 1950s, just in case. During a bomb drill it was like a Catholic priests' meat locker.

Pages: [1] 2 Print

« previous next »
Jump to:  

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function show_bottomAds()