Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
HOME FORUM HELP DKP SEARCH LOGIN REGISTER 
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Red Alert 3  (Read 2139 times)
aquasheep
Administrator
Mr.Hands

sheeeeeeeeeeeee

View Profile WWW Email
« on: August 06, 2008, 11:06:29 PM »

Is awesome.

I've only played as the Rising Sun faction so far, but there's a huge emphasis on naval/air battles instead of just ground with the occasional bomber support like in previous games. Half the units on all three sides are amphibious, and there's a much better mix of air units. As an example, the Japs get a bunch of mech units ala Robotech, one which switches between anti-infantry on the ground, and anti-air in the air, and one that switches between anti-air on the ground, and anti-vehicle in the air. And you get a support ability that summons kamikaze pilots.

Plus, the Soviets get fucking war bears, and amphibious tesla tanks rape. Starcraft 2 what.
Burg
Guild Member
goatse

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 05:24:45 PM »

You in beta?
aquasheep
Administrator
Mr.Hands

sheeeeeeeeeeeee

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 09:57:18 PM »

Yeah.

I played the other two factions, there are some definite balance issues (Soviets pretty much rape face), but hopefully they'll tweak it out.

They took some cues from other RTSs so it's a ton more varied than C&C 3 was. Resource gathering is a little weird (more like Generals) and I'm not sure if I like it all that much.

If anyone else gets a key, we'll play some games and you can have the pleasure of me stomping your nuts.
malantis
Mascot
lemonparty

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 08:21:38 PM »

omg i got in!

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/redalert3/
Giltha
Mascot
tubgirl

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 11:25:19 AM »

I'm in like Flin.
Pages: [1] Print

« previous next »
Jump to:  

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function show_bottomAds()