Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
HOME FORUM HELP DKP SEARCH LOGIN REGISTER 
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: girl gaming magazine  (Read 3379 times)
emi
Mascot
2girls1cup

View Profile WWW Email
« on: February 14, 2008, 01:16:34 PM »

http://www.dsfanboy.com/2008/01/30/girl-gamer-magazine-thinks-its-still-the-1950s/

oh ya, that is so me.

Digo
Daddy Digo
Global Moderator
Mr.Hands

broken shell of a man

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 01:35:28 PM »

lets think of articles we could write for it:

Impressing your man: how not to stand in the fire.

Stamina Gems: for when you can't help but stand in the fire.

The Right Mouse Button: keyboard turning is so last year.
fireatwill
Mascot
goatse

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 01:39:16 PM »

http://www.gamegirladvance.com/archives/2002/10/26/sex_in_games_rezvibrator.html#000141
'"Oh my GOD! This game rocks! Here, you play." I handed him the controller but you'd better believe I kept that vibrator right there in my lap."

emi
Mascot
2girls1cup

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 02:52:21 PM »

god.

I can't even believe how much make up she's wearing. I mean she looks so bad it looks like it just has to be a joke.

Digo
Daddy Digo
Global Moderator
Mr.Hands

broken shell of a man

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 03:47:11 PM »

Fashion VS. Stats: sometimes, green looks better than purple
Gasmask
Administrator
2girls1cup

Smell my finger

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 03:58:41 PM »

Milkshaking: Fisting cows, dressing up as a furry, and 13 other tips that will have the boys running for your yard.

Marx/Lenin '08
Gasmask
Administrator
2girls1cup

Smell my finger

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 04:07:20 PM »

Digo, can we write one up real quick? Like a forum manifesto? I think we'd get tons of traffic (hate) to promote our guild.

Marx/Lenin '08
Bag
Guild Member
Mr.Hands

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 04:10:48 PM »

Boobs: When and how to show them to obtain maximum special treatment

Like Broseph Stalin, you are leading the way to the dictatorship of the broletariate. It is truly revbrolutionary. Like the Bro v. Wade of our generation. You brobliterate the enemy from the very peak of Mt. Brolympus. That's some shit. That's brolific. But that's the kind of bro you are.
Bag
Guild Member
Mr.Hands

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 04:12:14 PM »

Jumping across Gaps: Why this seems so impossible for us

Like Broseph Stalin, you are leading the way to the dictatorship of the broletariate. It is truly revbrolutionary. Like the Bro v. Wade of our generation. You brobliterate the enemy from the very peak of Mt. Brolympus. That's some shit. That's brolific. But that's the kind of bro you are.
Aristal
Guild Member
tubgirl

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 05:35:26 PM »

Cooking Mama 2: Learn to cook on your DS!

That edutainment better be taking place after the actual cooking is done.
Branical
Mascot
goatse

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 11:47:22 PM »

Things to say to get your GM to show you his loots.
emi
Mascot
2girls1cup

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2008, 02:47:25 AM »

Cybering.  The tricks to perfect webcam placement.

This is an article I assure you every female wow player would read.

Digo
Daddy Digo
Global Moderator
Mr.Hands

broken shell of a man

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008, 08:17:19 PM »

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/for-males-video-game-rewards-are-all-in-the-mind/1185487-2

For Males, Video Game Rewards Are All in the Mind
Researchers lend insight into why males feel a greater sense of reward from gaming.

By Amanda Gardner, HealthDay
ADVERTISEMENT

For the study, 22 Stanford undergraduates (half of them men and half women) were recruited to play a video game designed by the study authors. The game purposely dealt with territoriality, as men are known to be more territorial than women, Hoeft said.

Half the space on the screen "belonged" to the player; the other half showed balls coming toward the player's space. Clicking on the balls before they hit the dividing wall resulted in a space gain. But if the balls hit the wall, the player lost space.

Participants were not told that the object of the game was to gain more space but all quickly caught on.

Although both genders clicked on the same number of balls, men quickly acquired more space than women, apparently because men were better at identifying which balls (those closest to the wall) would give them the most space if clicked.

They totally overlooked the most obvious conclusion: men are better at games than women. Of course the men gained the most territory.
emi
Mascot
2girls1cup

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2008, 03:53:15 AM »

It seems the idea of the study was that the girls weren't looking to see what the stuff in the game did, they were just clicking them acting like "oh isn't this goofy little boy stuff, I am totally giggling because I could care less", whereas the guys were 100% competative, so they paid close attention to what everything did. So it basically proves what we already know: men are more likely to be competative in games than women.

The thing is women are extremely competative about things that they think matter. They're raised thinking video games are silly boy things, and what's important for a woman is to not care, and so they get competative by trying to show more apathy to be coolest.

Bag
Guild Member
Mr.Hands

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2008, 10:21:48 AM »

well that and guys are better at stuff.

Pages: [1] Print

« previous next »
Jump to:  

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function show_bottomAds()