Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
HOME FORUM HELP DKP SEARCH LOGIN REGISTER 
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Borderlands  (Read 7000 times)
fireatwill
Mascot
goatse

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 08:15:42 AM »

The version I have claims you can play multiplayer. I haven't had a chance to try multiplayer yet, however, i shall give it a shot when i get home tonight

Kojack
Guild Member
2girls1cup

Sweet Lemonade

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 11:24:51 AM »

I picked it up on Steam and it appears that all multiplayer on PC is done through GameSpy or LAN. Of course I picked the soldier since he's black and says things like "Critical Biatch". I hit level 10 in about an hour and then proceeded to spend another hour vehicle boosting into and jumping onto mobs till I passed out. There is also a pretty weak "achievement" aspect as well for killing specific mobs, looting, vehicle hangtime, etc.

I'll have figure out what my gamespy info was, but I'll post it here when I do so you can look me up.
HI HOW ARE YOU!

(EDIT: Gamespy ID: Brojack)
(EDIT2: Steam ID: Kojack)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 10:02:47 AM by Kojack » Logged

Uhuru
Mr.Hands

8 year olds, dude.

AOL Instant Messenger - uhuru+lol
View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2009, 03:44:15 AM »

Installing now.  For the future, my gamespy ID is-  uhuru.lol

Hopefully onlineness works with this cracked version.

EDIT:  Installed, works perfectly.  Online works great too.

What exactly do you do online?  Do you just do missions with other people around?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 04:32:48 AM by Uhuru » Logged

Pferox
Mascot
meatspin

MSN Messenger - aka_fs@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2009, 07:47:27 AM »

What exactly do you do online?  Do you just do missions with other people around?

Online is exactly the same thing than the single player. THe big difference is mob health, spawn rate and loot quantity. The big thing tho is that if you cant play with people who arent at the same place in the storyline.

SpyID: ManuMagnum
Steam ID: XHorn
Kojack
Guild Member
2girls1cup

Sweet Lemonade

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2009, 09:58:28 AM »

Online play has a few issues still since this was initially designed as a console game. You can tell it was rushed to PC since CoD:MW2 and L4D2 are on the horizon. I expect they'll patch it soon but we'll see.

The main issues that ruined the current co-op play were:

- Who ever creates the game defines the questing, similar to Diablo II.
- The in-game VoIP is automatic and with vent there is no options to bind/disable in game (FYI I'm loud).
- You need to open several ports or have your firewall disabled to host games (Only Beepz could create games we could join last night and he was only level 4) this was so frustrating Beepz did 5s, I decided to go back to single player, and Asmo and Kval played on their LAN.

Here is a link that solves most of these issues but requires you to modify the config.ini file or open ports.(PC Tweaks, Port Forwarding)

This guys sig sums it up well:
"Borderlands: An amazing game that I'd love to play with friends. Except can't, because the online interface is *(&#$! Gearbox, you have one week until I return my copy"

« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 10:01:04 AM by Kojack » Logged

Kadrix
Mascot
2girls1cup

Terrell Owens

MSN Messenger - Kadrix604@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - Kadrix604
View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009, 10:50:54 PM »

hamachi works wonders

<Gasmask› GOD MY DICK IS SO HUGE I CANT POSSIBLY FIT IT IN MY PANTS
‹Gasmask› HEPL UNNNNNGH SPLOOGE SPLOOGE
pontifex
Guild Member
lemonparty

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2009, 02:27:57 AM »

I like it. I picked a siren, not sure what the other ones do. The sprint thing is pretty fuckin baller. Once you get some elemental damage going with it, you pretty much can kill everything with it.

Uhuru
Mr.Hands

8 year olds, dude.

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2009, 09:22:18 AM »

I like it. I picked a siren, not sure what the other ones do. The sprint thing is pretty fuckin baller. Once you get some elemental damage going with it, you pretty much can kill everything with it.

I'm playing a Siren as well, speccing elemental.  I'm liking the crazy elemental damage, and the phasewalk is awesome too.

Poseidon
Mascot
lemonparty

O_O

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2009, 09:49:36 AM »

THE TORRENT WAS DELETED..GET ME A NEW ONE UHURU!
monmoth
Guild Member
Hungry Wizard

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2009, 11:06:44 AM »

I can send you the torrent if you want. I was downloading it last night so it was still working then.
Uhuru
Mr.Hands

8 year olds, dude.

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2009, 11:30:44 AM »

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/5136339/Borderlands-RELOADED

Gasmask
Administrator
2girls1cup

Smell my finger

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2009, 03:14:59 PM »

I had trouble hosting games for awhile.  This game has the shittiest interface options I have ever seen.  (auto mic, no disable).  I had to open ports on my router and on windows firewall.  Then had to invite my friend when he wasn't already in a game, but it worked.  Coop gets a LOT harder.  Game is a lot of fun though!

Grrmask lvl 25 hunter.

Marx/Lenin '08
Asmo
Mascot
2girls1cup

Chage has come to America.

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2009, 04:30:17 PM »

I've been doing Coop but keeping it to a LAN which has been trouble free. After fixing the log files all my settings reset to my mic is still set to auto on so I just put my mic over my head. If I shout something like "It's like having another soldier on the field" I hear my echo through Jeremy's speakers but that's about it.

Soldier is fun, it's a good meat and potatoes character, scorpio turret is very helpful and I've just switched to a corrosive grenade grenadier build with triple burst fire rocket launcher to work along side Evale's Siren.

Hunter is your classic pistol and sniper rifle combo. Only I got a ridiculous fire based revolver near the start of the game and used it to 1 shot pretty much everything for 10 levels. I have 3 different revolvers and a sniper rifle as my set up now and just got a ridiculous yellow sniper with "pele demands a sacrifice" as the red text. This red text means that the bullets often result in an explosion and the gun is a 4x fire so I'm back to 1 shotting things again. The hunter special is tits, the hawk just runs into walls 99% of the time.

For those who are curious here are a few key things that are handy to know:

- Class mod's skill bonuses stack with what you have currently. It is possible to go above 5/5 with a class mod. If you have a class mod buffing a skill you have 0 points in, it adds no bonus.

- If you have an item with red text, it means that it does something special. Quite what that is depends on the red text, it can mean anything from infinite ammo to improved accuracy to elemental effects.

- Transfusion grenades are ridiculous, the range they absorb health from nearby enemies is massive.

- Every enemy has a weak spot that results in you getting criticals. Humans have their head, skags the inside of their mouth etc.

Asmolicious

Asmocolypse - 32 Soldier
Asmo - 28 Hunter
Uhuru
Mr.Hands

8 year olds, dude.

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2009, 04:41:44 PM »

I'm still only 16, waiting for a friend to catch up so we can play co-op together.  I'm liking my Siren; the elemental damage is really cool, and Phasewalk is tons of fun.  I wanna start a 2nd character, not sure whether or not I want to do a Soldier or a Hunter though.

Asmo
Mascot
2girls1cup

Chage has come to America.

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2009, 04:44:04 PM »

This is handy:

----

Nobody can join your private games until you create a public game and someone joins, or you create a private game and someone times out, and then you make a private game.

Yup! Simple as that.So first, open all these ports
7777 (TCP/UDP)
28900 (TCP)
27900 (UDP)
28910 (TCP)
6500 (UDP)
9989 (UDP)

THERE ARE TWO WAYS TO DO THIS
1) Create private game
2) Invite friend, let him time out completely
3) Exit private lobby, remake, invite, play!

OR

1) Create public game
2) Wait for someone to join (don't know if necessary)
3) Exit, create private lobby, invite, play!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print

« previous next »
Jump to:  

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function show_bottomAds()