Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
HOME FORUM HELP DKP SEARCH LOGIN REGISTER 
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Wid's 2v2 video with Dustoff (Lightbringer) on the TTR...  (Read 3783 times)
Wid
tubgirl

View Profile Email
« on: April 03, 2008, 01:52:02 PM »

Some decent games we had on TTR 2v2in. Competition was not insane but some cool games with me specd 0/9/52 and NOT 0/20/41. Things to keep in mind:

- Totem addons didn't work on TTR so some times you do see what I have down some times you don't plus some totem kills from oposing teams don't show up.
- Half of my addons don't work so very toned down UI version
- War Stomp, Tide and Lust keybinds were resetting in some fights hence the spam and then click when keybind wasn't going through (I think its one game where u can see that, second to last vs WarSham)
- Ppl that destroy their S-key have the luxury of not PVEing. Get it?
- 100% of the abilities/spells I use are keybound and 85% of the respective buttons are not on screen. So need to pay close attention.

This is my first video so I'm working on the editing skills. Currently I am working on a better game quality movie with Draxlin from live for both 2s and 3s. Need to get some additional footage of skilled teams and should be good.

Things that I want from you? Criticism on the quality of the video, things you would wanna see done better, entertainment value etc. Enjoy :)

http://files.filefront.com/WidNDusty+2swmv/;9943795;/fileinfo.html

Make sure you download and not stream. Better quality. Ohh and plz refer to this as a Wideo (AzothTM)...see what i did there? yeah..i know...im that good  ;D

P.S. Small side note. The end of the video has a preview of my next one with me/drax vs kaukor/rippa. Tried to display a more aggressive way of playing mirror in that game and some times it pays off some times it doesn't. Rippa/Kaukor did beat us a fair amount during those sessions and as you gonna see in that particular game, rippa is winning the mana war.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 02:05:52 PM by Wid » Logged
Trilly
Skynet
Mascot
goatse

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 02:16:04 PM »

As fun as it is to watch the 9,000th video with music, some of the best pvp videos I've seen lately have the filmers giving commentary through the whole thing.  Hearing people talk about what they're doing, and why, makes for much more enjoyable films, imo.
Wid
tubgirl

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 02:17:15 PM »

Have you heard me talk? Sexy greek accent might not go well with it but I'm considering...
Trilly
Skynet
Mascot
goatse

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 02:27:46 PM »

Find someone with a better voice and make them a script.
Gadz
Mascot
2girls1cup

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 02:34:18 PM »

You could have Viodia read the script.  That would give you the respect and reverence you deserve.
Digo
Daddy Digo
Global Moderator
Mr.Hands

broken shell of a man

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 02:39:31 PM »

Wid, what mods do you use for PvP? Digos just hit 70 and I'm still trying to figure out the best keybinds, mods, etc.
Reamer
Top Gun is the Pinnacle of Manliness
goatse

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 02:44:19 PM »

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
malantis
Mascot
lemonparty

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 02:50:32 PM »

some ways to improve your video:

- rename title to "THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!"
- yell "THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!!!!!" after killing someone and after a fight ends
- rename wid to thisissparta (just imagine Gladiator Thisissparta)
- when you pop heroism make THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!! appear in bold in the middle of the screen with power auras
- include a video recipe of how to make spanakopita at the end of the video
- play the this is sparta techno remix on repeat throughout the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZBA0SKmQy8)

on a more serious note, the video looks pretty good. i've only watched about half of it so far, but i'll watch the rest in a bit. so far so good!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 02:52:40 PM by malantis » Logged
Reamer
Top Gun is the Pinnacle of Manliness
goatse

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 02:56:48 PM »

I support everything malantis said.
Digo
Daddy Digo
Global Moderator
Mr.Hands

broken shell of a man

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2008, 03:11:53 PM »

If you don't want to narrate it, at least insert title cards explaining what you are trying to do, or how you just beat someone.

It'd also be nice to insert pauses with title cards that explain something that just happened. Generally, PvP videos are hard to follow unless you really know what you're looking for.
Wid
tubgirl

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2008, 03:53:13 PM »

- when you pop heroism make THIS IS SPARTA!!!!!! appear in bold in the middle of the screen with power auras

Fixed! But in general I do see the point since if you don't play the class, its kinda hard to follow. I'll try to work on the battlecast over the weekend for this video to see how it goes but since I'm already working on the 2nd one with more quality games in it, i might just release it then. Guess I could do 2 versions one with music and one with a battlecast. And digo, I sorta tried doing txt to explain some of the strats, placement, ability choice etc. but it sorta becomes a mess after a while. So voice might indeed be better. As for addons, you can see most at the last video minus Afflicted, SpellAlerter and Errormonster. List of the good ones for arenas/pvp:

Afflicted - Visual enemy cd tracking, purge reporting etc. Can't arena without it.
SpellAlert and SpellAlerter - latter one has icons instead of txt and it starts with a predifined list of spells to track so don't need to spend hours making an ignore list
ShamanFriend - interrupt report, purge report, shield tracking etc
Gotwood - totem tracking
PowerAuras - last video the red and yellow semi-circles are from that. Helps me track debuffs on me so i know what to cleanse and when, when to cast gw etc
Aloft - enemy unit frames
CooldownTimers2 - those grounding totem and earthshock icons poping in the middle of my screen when cd is up
Errormonster - removes all blizzard error msgs from ur screen i.e. can't do that while in combat, target too far away, ability not yet rdy etc. but keeps the sound. One of the best discoveries of the last 3 months.

Hope I didn't skip ne :)
Pages: [1] Print

« previous next »
Jump to:  

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function show_bottomAds()