Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
HOME FORUM HELP DKP SEARCH LOGIN REGISTER 
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: thread to update me on status of arena disaster while I work  (Read 8074 times)
Kadrix
Mascot
2girls1cup

Terrell Owens

MSN Messenger - Kadrix604@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - Kadrix604
View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2009, 12:42:04 PM »

DK's are a joke now, regardless of spec.

Yeah, probably quitting pvp in general if this shit stays the way it is. Having 2700+ PR is fun, but fuck having no competition.

<Gasmask› GOD MY DICK IS SO HUGE I CANT POSSIBLY FIT IT IN MY PANTS
‹Gasmask› HEPL UNNNNNGH SPLOOGE SPLOOGE
Digo
Daddy Digo
Global Moderator
Mr.Hands

broken shell of a man

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2009, 12:46:45 PM »

how are dks jokes now?
Bag
Guild Member
Mr.Hands

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2009, 12:59:42 PM »

still no update?

Like Broseph Stalin, you are leading the way to the dictatorship of the broletariate. It is truly revbrolutionary. Like the Bro v. Wade of our generation. You brobliterate the enemy from the very peak of Mt. Brolympus. That's some shit. That's brolific. But that's the kind of bro you are.
Abaxial
meatspin

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2009, 02:02:14 PM »

Whether or not this new system will adjust after a while, I don't understand why they would try to change the system in the middle of the season.  It's fairly common sense not to change things mid-go.  Seems like they are really pushing to make people go casual or quit.

Kadrix
Mascot
2girls1cup

Terrell Owens

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2009, 02:38:42 PM »

how are dks jokes now?

DK's get raped since you can't D up so hardcore. Focusing a dk against 2dps never worked since you could shield wall for so long, now it's so easy to smash one.

Kadrix
Mascot
2girls1cup

Terrell Owens

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2009, 02:50:06 PM »

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=14498531214&pageNo=8&sid=1#142

There is a new matchmaking system. It has some bugs. We can fix the bugs without doing permanent damage to anyone involved in Arenas.

Long term, we are confident that the new system will provide for better matchmaking and therefore a better Arena experience. The new system also measures skill, not gear.

I know this sounds very politician-y, but I am not going to be able to answer any additional questions at this time. This is a big topic, so we need to address it through public announcements and not forum posts.

Thank you for your patience. The game will be better in the long run for these changes.

Omnia
Mascot
goatse

Vetiver

View Profile Email
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2009, 02:52:53 PM »

Arena queue NPCs have been removed, at least on Mal'ganis.
Kadrix
Mascot
2girls1cup

Terrell Owens

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2009, 02:54:47 PM »

Arena queue NPCs have been removed, at least on Mal'ganis.

They have been on Hyjal and just about every other server as well.

Quote from: Nethaera
We have temporarily disabled all Arena matches while we investigate current rating calculation discrepancies. Further updates will be provided once we have additional information to share.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 03:01:34 PM by Kadrix » Logged

Bag
Guild Member
Mr.Hands

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2009, 05:50:51 PM »

what a fucking joke.  at least it's been acknowledged.  good thing that took way too fucking long.

Like Broseph Stalin, you are leading the way to the dictatorship of the broletariate. It is truly revbrolutionary. Like the Bro v. Wade of our generation. You brobliterate the enemy from the very peak of Mt. Brolympus. That's some shit. That's brolific. But that's the kind of bro you are.
Bag
Guild Member
Mr.Hands

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2009, 10:00:02 PM »

Earlier this week the Arenas were temporarily disabled while we investigated rating calculation discrepancies. After thorough research, we have identified and created a solution to the issue, and we will be bringing the Arenas back online following off hours maintenance with the fix in place. Please be aware that because the rating issues were extensive, we have decided to reset Arena team and personal ratings to last week’s status. In addition, items and achievements which were gained illegitimately with incorrect ratings will be removed, and the spent arena points refunded. We thank you for your patience while we worked through these issues related to the Arenas.

Kadrix
Mascot
2girls1cup

Terrell Owens

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2009, 01:48:07 AM »

SCORE

Deepz
Administrator
Hungry Wizard

WHO WANTS SOME FUCKING NESQUIK?

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2009, 01:16:57 PM »

Team / Personal / Matchmaking Rating
Because of the way the new system works, there has been some question as to the purpose of each of the different ratings, so here goes:

* Team rating: Team rating is the primary measure of a team’s skill during the course of its existence. Titles and arena points are based on team rating.
    * Personal rating: Personal rating only exists to ensure that a player has participated enough on a team to deserve the benefits of being on that team. When personal rating gets close enough to team rating, we judge it is likely the player deserves the benefits of the team.
    * Matchmaking rating: This rating exists to ensure quality match-making despite players changing teams. In addition, the theoretical mathematical foundations of the new matchmaking system allows this rating to adapt much faster than team rating and personal rating, making the entire system more correct. In our measurements to date, this rating has been quite precise in predicting the outcomes of future matches.

One important point to note is that the personal rating currently converges towards the matchmaking rating instead of the team rating, which we realize can cause lot of confusion and frustration. We will be making an adjustment in the near future that will cause the personal rating to converge towards the team rating instead of the matchmaking rating, which should alleviate much of the current concerns.

Same team, different Matchmaking Rating
Partners on the same team can have diverging team ratings if their matchmaking ratings are different. As mentioned above, we will be adjusting it so that personal rating will no longer diverge from team rating and will instead always converge towards it.

Team / Personal rating convergence
Team rating currently converges towards the average of the matchmaking ratings on the team. Personal rating currently converges towards each individual's matchmaking rating. As such, the team rating currently ends up in the middle of the personal ratings of each member of the team, usually around the average personal rating of the team. As mentioned above, we will be adjusting this to keep personal ratings in line with team ratings. (Source)

Past Win/Loss and new ratings
We included history from before the implementation of the new system in determining the matchmaking rating. If you or your partner played with another player before the new system, data from those games would also be included in your current matchmaking rating.

My only question is if a team has a good MMR, but a terrible TR, why put them against a 1900ish team to lose 6, and the 1900 team win zero?
This would happen if:
1. They are matched because the first team's matchmaking rating is near the second team's matchmaking rating.
2. The first team doesn't lose a lot because their team rating is lower than than the second team's matchmaking rating.
3. The second team doesn't win a lot because their team rating is higher than the first team's matchmaking rating.

Matchmaking rating on different brackets
The matchmaking rating is separate for each bracket, and the matchmaking ratings do not interact between brackets in any way.
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/11/14697300427-new-arena-matchmaking-system-overview.html
Bag
Guild Member
Mr.Hands

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2009, 07:17:56 PM »

yeh I read that.  somewhat encouraging.

Kadrix
Mascot
2girls1cup

Terrell Owens

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2009, 11:09:02 PM »

Bag
Guild Member
Mr.Hands

View Profile Email
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2009, 11:11:17 PM »

hha

Pages: 1 [2] Print

« previous next »
Jump to:  

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function show_bottomAds()