Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
HOME FORUM HELP DKP SEARCH LOGIN REGISTER 
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Spore  (Read 3529 times)
aquasheep
Administrator
Mr.Hands

sheeeeeeeeeeeee

View Profile WWW Email
« on: September 09, 2008, 08:01:02 AM »

So I managed to get the last copy in a 2 mile radius (seriously), and it's a pretty fun game so far. I definitely agree with all the reviewers that say the depth is lacking, but that's not really a bad thing, since I'd rather play it casually. I'm at the city stage right now, which I think is the second to last, but the space (last) stage is supposed to be super long. It's interesting how it kind of switches between action, RTS, and a civ/simcity type feel depending on the stage, and there's a stupid number of things to build/design, if you like that kind of thing. I was also already seeing different species on my planet made by other players (the Beertopians were lol).

Holler if you see my species (Sheee).
Burg
Guild Member
goatse

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 08:33:01 AM »

The different stages are supposed to reflect different video games that had a big impact.  It's a pretty cool nod to history and the history of games all at once.  I think the best feature is just having your game randomly populated by other people.
Stent
Administrator
Hungry Wizard

pride and prejudice and zombies

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 09:15:57 AM »

sheeeeeeeee

‹aquashee› e equals mass times deez nuts, biatch
monmoth
Guild Member
Hungry Wizard

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 10:34:45 AM »

Yeah I picked it up on sunday and I have to agree the game it self isn't hard but it is fun. Where it will really shine is seeing all the user created stuff and having fun with the editors.
Videl

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 01:42:04 PM »

You have to be pretty picky to find something to complain about with this game. I'd recommend everyone grab it if you ever liked a Maxis title.
Thelnie
Mascot
lemonparty

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2008, 02:29:47 AM »

Add me, Thelnie, and Silph!

aquasheep
Administrator
Mr.Hands

sheeeeeeeeeeeee

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2008, 07:33:39 PM »

Add me, Thelnie, and Silph!

Oh yeah, my screen name is aquasheep.
aquasheep
Administrator
Mr.Hands

sheeeeeeeeeeeee

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 08:22:26 PM »

So have any of you made it to the center of the galaxy yet? This shit is stupid tedious for no good reason and I'm pretty sure it's giving me carpal tunnel.

The Sheee empire will not take lightly to these transgressions!
monmoth
Guild Member
Hungry Wizard

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 09:48:10 PM »

I haven't been playing much I just made it to the space stage.
Kval
Mascot
goatse

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 09:00:41 AM »

It seems to me that the space age is the actual game.

Evale is Kval.  Kval has quit?  Kval is Emi.  Emi is ???
RuneX
lemonparty

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2008, 05:37:18 PM »

I have been to the center and talked to Steve.

I dont know if I cheated but I think it was legit. I had my ship totally maxed and just ran like hell away from the Grox and had repair boosters and battery boosters.

Once you have beaten the whole game and if you spend the time to get all of the achievements I cant ever see any replayability for this game at all. No offense but man the space stage is long and who would want to do that over again. Fucking every 5 sec some planet is always asking for help or some shit. PS i hate pirates.

Great game though.
aquasheep
Administrator
Mr.Hands

sheeeeeeeeeeeee

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2008, 06:04:57 PM »

I have been to the center and talked to Steve.

I dont know if I cheated but I think it was legit. I had my ship totally maxed and just ran like hell away from the Grox and had repair boosters and battery boosters.

Once you have beaten the whole game and if you spend the time to get all of the achievements I cant ever see any replayability for this game at all. No offense but man the space stage is long and who would want to do that over again. Fucking every 5 sec some planet is always asking for help or some shit. PS i hate pirates.

Great game though.

That's how I did it, but because the range gets so small that close, I kept hitting spots where the stars thinned out, and it was a dead end. It took a bunch of tries to find a path. Clearing out all the planets would probably take at least 20, 30 hours

The replayability is all in the creator stuff, but yeah, they probably figured they needed to make space as big a timesink as possible since they knew it wouldn't have any.

RuneX
lemonparty

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2008, 06:31:30 PM »

Still a great game. Took me a good 5days playing off and on to finish it. It is too bad there isnt a way to take it further maybe with some sort of multiplayer aspect. Maxis has always put out good games imo. Simant in middle school is still my favorite though.
Pages: [1] Print

« previous next »
Jump to:  

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function show_bottomAds()