Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
HOME FORUM HELP DKP SEARCH LOGIN REGISTER 
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Borderlands  (Read 6985 times)
Kojack
Guild Member
2girls1cup

Sweet Lemonade

View Profile Email
« on: October 25, 2009, 11:31:51 PM »

Anyone heard about this game? Friend says it's an FPS with a diablo-esk RPG engine. Skill trees, player levels, randomized gear, etc.

Uhuru
Mr.Hands

8 year olds, dude.

AOL Instant Messenger - uhuru+lol
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 04:58:02 AM »

Anyone heard about this game? Friend says it's an FPS with a diablo-esk RPG engine. Skill trees, player levels, randomized gear, etc.

It got good reviews, I'm downloading it atm, but the filesize is huge and I had to use a Public tracker for it as it would kill my RevTT ratio ><  Probably be done late tomorrow.

fireatwill
Mascot
goatse

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 08:24:40 AM »

got any revtt invites?

Amna
Mascot
lemonparty

Moka! ^_^

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 02:00:14 PM »

It's definitely a FPS with RPG elements incorporated into it. There are various classes and a level cap of 50. You are questing constantly and most of the quests are super long chains with very few that actually goes dead end. The shooting is very well defined since it's not like FO3 where you are blasting through the game with VATS. Yes there are also talent trees for the classes. However, the random gear is not exactly what you think.

The absolute core concept of the "randomized gear" are fucking guns. GUNS. LIKE. A BAZILLION. GUNS. Although the models are the same, the stats are fucking absurd and that is what makes it pretty awesome. You can get them through the normal means of questing/random drop.

Ex of said absurd guns:
Shotgun that shoots rockets.
Shotgun that shoots acid.
Rifle that shoots incendiary rounds.
Even a pistol that has an accuracy of 0 with a burst of like 10k+ so that a point blank shot would basically 1 shot something.

Another unique thing about the weapons are the fact that it doesn't always tell you what to do.

Ex:
A pistol with infinite ammo says "Sometimes I forget to reload" in the description.

It's basically a mmo without the massive. There's co-op which causes levels to generate a ton of more mobs to compensate and you can definitely run people through the game at 50. The main problem is that it lacks a actual loot-rules system and a trade system besides: first one to pick it up; drop it on the fucking ground and hope everyone is honest.

It really seems like soldiers are the best way to play just because they are pretty much capable at everything and highly self sufficient.

You can also do multiple playthroughs on the same char which you will probably have to do to hit the level cap.

THAT ENOUGH FOR YOU KOJACK? HI.
Wolfee
Guild Member
meatspin

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 02:26:01 PM »

I am at level 22 playing a hunter after playing it this weekend. Totally worth it. Can be challenging at times, but the ability to fight for your life is a nice touch. Co-op makes the game much harder, but worth it if you want to put in the time. Also, a good shield and a good shotgun make everything much easier.
Uhuru
Mr.Hands

8 year olds, dude.

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 03:44:30 PM »

got any revtt invites?

Not atm, I'll let you know if I do, I haven't been a member long.

I'm excited to try this game out, I want a slime shooting shotgun.

Kadrix
Mascot
2girls1cup

Terrell Owens

MSN Messenger - Kadrix604@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - Kadrix604
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 03:55:23 PM »

playing it with some friends its fun, dunno yet if I'd spend the money to buy it though.

<Gasmask› GOD MY DICK IS SO HUGE I CANT POSSIBLY FIT IT IN MY PANTS
‹Gasmask› HEPL UNNNNNGH SPLOOGE SPLOOGE
Gasmask
Administrator
2girls1cup

Smell my finger

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 04:46:27 PM »

Think it'll be cracked and torrenting soon?  Jew jew jew jew jew...jew jew...jewjewjewwjwjwj.

Marx/Lenin '08
Uhuru
Mr.Hands

8 year olds, dude.

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 05:40:22 PM »

Think it'll be cracked and torrenting soon?  Jew jew jew jew jew...jew jew...jewjewjewwjwjwj.

Uhuru here, to feed the inner jew in all of us-

http://www.mininova.org/tor/3084429

Pferox
Mascot
meatspin

MSN Messenger - aka_fs@hotmail.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2009, 08:43:14 PM »

I've played it this afternoon / night its a pretty good game. The big thing, you need to play with peiople you know
Menelaz
Guild Member
meatspin

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2009, 08:54:25 PM »

I'm downloading overnight.
pontifex
Guild Member
lemonparty

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2009, 11:26:23 PM »

same

fireatwill
Mascot
goatse

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2009, 11:27:56 PM »

what ya'll names be?
fireatwill247 is mine

Gasmask
Administrator
2girls1cup

Smell my finger

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2009, 11:37:13 PM »

Need a couple more days of torrenting.  I hope this thing ends up working in multiplayer, too.

Marx/Lenin '08
Olldrac
Guild Member
2girls1cup

MSN Messenger - itheone@msn.com
View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2009, 07:12:22 AM »

Need a couple more days of torrenting.  I hope this thing ends up working in multiplayer, too.
The cracked version is only single player for now someone mentioned on vent last night.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 07:14:39 AM by Olldrac » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print

« previous next »
Jump to:  

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function show_bottomAds()