Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
HOME FORUM HELP DKP SEARCH LOGIN REGISTER 
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: [WOTLK] 10 man Naxx loot  (Read 4690 times)
Kadrix
Mascot
2girls1cup

Terrell Owens

MSN Messenger - Kadrix604@hotmail.com AOL Instant Messenger - Kadrix604
View Profile Email
« on: September 06, 2008, 12:44:07 AM »

I'd assume most of you read Mmochampion, but for those who don't/haven't recently:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=15119.0

It's being updated pretty often when new loot is dropped. Some fucking amazing stuff coming out of there for it being the 1st raid instance, and that loot only being 10 man.

Edited to reflect on the thread being moved.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 01:57:37 AM by Kadrix » Logged

<Gasmask› GOD MY DICK IS SO HUGE I CANT POSSIBLY FIT IT IN MY PANTS
‹Gasmask› HEPL UNNNNNGH SPLOOGE SPLOOGE
Omnia
Mascot
goatse

Vetiver

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 09:21:08 AM »

Yeah, so about having a clear distinction between healer and caster items... there doesn't appear to be one.  Take for example the caster weapons from the 10-man version of Naxx:

Caster + Paladin healing and potentially tanking:

Caster and Healer:

Wow look at all that spirit... AND spell hit?..

Talk about odd stat distribution.
Stent
Administrator
Hungry Wizard

pride and prejudice and zombies

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2008, 09:28:13 AM »

hey its melee hit too, for all those castahealatankadins.

‹aquashee› e equals mass times deez nuts, biatch
Viodia
Mr.Hands

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2008, 09:38:02 AM »

No, they are just dumbing down wow.  Spell hit and melee hit are the same thing now, hit is hit.  Same with haste, spell haste is just haste now. 

Omnia
Mascot
goatse

Vetiver

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 10:00:47 AM »

Yeah, but palies can't use staves... I'm just making the assumption that only spell casters will take it.
Asmo
Mascot
2girls1cup

Chage has come to America.

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 10:07:06 AM »

No, they are just dumbing down wow.  Spell hit and melee hit are the same thing now, hit is hit.  Same with haste, spell haste is just haste now. 
Next expansion all armour will only have 1 stat called uberstat. Depending on your class it gives you all the juicy points you'd want and you never have to worry about getting screwed by the RNG for loot or making tough gear choices! YAY! Not sure which item is better? Let's see how many points of uberstat it has! YAY!
Stent
Administrator
Hungry Wizard

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 11:29:38 AM »

this is actually good for hybrids, previously, enhancement shamans for instance got gayed over on their shocks using spell hit, and the other 90% of their damage using melee hit. 

Omnia
Mascot
goatse

Vetiver

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 11:53:47 AM »

Grats on 1111 posts, Stent!
/troll transmission over
monmoth
Guild Member
Hungry Wizard

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2008, 02:05:42 PM »

I like the combined hit/haste but the spell power change was unneeded and just makes it harder for casters/healers to get items. There are far more cloth wearers that are going to be using the same loot then anyone else in a raid at a time. Thanks blizz for making it even harder to gear up as cloth.
Stent
Administrator
Hungry Wizard

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 02:14:21 PM »

I like the combined hit/haste but the spell power change was unneeded and just makes it harder for casters/healers to get items. There are far more cloth wearers that are going to be using the same loot then anyone else in a raid at a time. Thanks blizz for making it even harder to gear up as cloth.

signed,
Monmoth "perfect gear" Priest

Kadrix
Mascot
2girls1cup

Terrell Owens

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008, 02:42:46 PM »

They either need to make a distinction between what would be a dps caster weapon, or a healer one.

Thing is though, paladins will probably go after the mage/warlock ones because of crit etc. Not sure how they can make this work other than increasing the amount of caster weapons that will exist.

monmoth
Guild Member
Hungry Wizard

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2008, 05:48:50 PM »

Hey I only have NEAR perfect gear because I was the only holy priest for a long time. Having tons of items on a loot table isn't good because maybe one thing never drops but having one thing on the loot table that 10 people want isn't good either. It makes it really hard on everyone. It'll be like the dst or the memento where its great for half the raid so you never quite get enough of them.
Omnia
Mascot
goatse

Vetiver

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2008, 09:47:20 PM »

Well, having raided on holy priests longer than on druid, I'd say gearing a holy priest has been really easy.  There's usually a fair amount of healer cloth, set and non-set and not many holy priests per guild.  I'm assuming it's fairly easy for paladins and shamans too because they can use cloth, leather, and mail.  But that doesn't mean Blizard should change the system to make it confusing, like in the case with the staff linked above.  Prior to seeing those screenshots, I had some faith that there'd be a more clear distinction between 'caster' and 'healer' items, but the fact that a lot of hit should be combined with a lot of spirit on one item is just... strange.
Viodia
Mr.Hands

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2008, 12:58:36 AM »

The difference between raiding now, and raiding then, is that no one is competing for your holy gear now. So yes its easy to gear up a priest now. 

When wotlk comes out, and the stats are pretty much the same for dps casters and healers, its going to be a lot harder.   Holy priest will have to compete with mages, warlocks, and shadow priests.   Instead of being on their own for gear. 

Resto druids will have to compete with moonkins.  Resto shammys will have to compete with elemental shammys.  Holy pallys will not have any competition. 

So priest have to compete against 3 other classes / specs while most others will only have 1 to compete with. THAT is why there will be an issue with the cloth drops in WotLK. 

Kadrix
Mascot
2girls1cup

Terrell Owens

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2008, 01:56:55 AM »

I don't see how you can say Holy Paladins have no one to compete with. If anything, we'd be a heavy contender against the dps caster classes, since both us and them benefit heavily from crit.

And of course, almost every class will be competing for haste/spellpower weapons.

The only things we wouldn't be going after really would be daggers and staves, because obviously we can't use them.

Pages: [1] 2 Print

« previous next »
Jump to:  

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function show_bottomAds()