Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
HOME FORUM HELP DKP SEARCH LOGIN REGISTER 
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: PTR Plans?  (Read 1949 times)
Zemmi
Guild Member
lemonparty

View Profile Email
« on: October 15, 2009, 12:00:34 AM »

Any plans for the PTR test? I only heard a few people talking about it in vent today but just wanted to see if even a few of you were going to be on? I got a toon on the PVE realm which I assumed would be the realm of choice.

Deepz
Administrator
Hungry Wizard

WHO WANTS SOME FUCKING NESQUIK?

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 12:06:34 AM »

The problem for PST guilds is that they bring up a boss for testing while the Blizzard devs are still at work.  This is coincidentally the same time most of us are at work as well starting at 4pm. So far this Xpac, our experience has been that the absolute second 4pm ticks over and they flip the switch to turn on the instance, you get "Additional instances cannot be launched".  It's a crap shoot whether you can get in or not, and usually by the time we have enough people online, the devs have seen enough and go home for the night (shutting off the instance).

That being said, Asmo's got the final word on it.  I imagine if you can get in at 4pm with a group that doesn't have all their guildies online, go for it.  It's good experience nonetheless.  If they take the same approach that they did to normal modes in ToC however, I can't expect there is much to learn.
Asmo
Mascot
2girls1cup

Chage has come to America.

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 12:18:08 AM »

I'm going to play it by ear. I'd love to get some attempts done on the PTR but if it's going to be a waste of time then there is no point. We'll look at feedback on how other guilds have got on with being able to get into instances etc. If it's terrible then we won't bother, if it's actually set up properly then we'll give it a go.
Uhuru
Mr.Hands

8 year olds, dude.

AOL Instant Messenger - uhuru+lol
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 04:05:43 AM »

I'm on the PTR and ready to go, name is Pikachulol.  I can raid at any time, including 4pm if necessary.

zate
Mascot
2girls1cup

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 07:20:43 AM »

Which server we going to?  pvp or pve?

Did someone call me?  I heard there was an emergengy!
Viodia
Mr.Hands

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 09:03:46 AM »

I always copy 1 to each to be safe.

Thebadme
Mascot
2girls1cup

I'm bad

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 10:48:58 AM »

one thing that I have done pretty much every time new content is up on the PTR is to watch the fusion live streams because it allows them to go through the hassle, and lets you simply watch them learn the fight and because they stream there vent you get to hear all that shit too. I learned pretty much every boss that the US got to test in ulduar by watching those streams.

only problem is that this obviously assumes that they do PTR testing and they also stream their PTR testing but they did it for ulduar and it was extremely popular (one stream had like 10k viewers at the same time) so I don't see why they wouldn't

Thebadme
Mascot
2girls1cup

I'm bad

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 12:13:39 PM »

http://www.mmo-champion.com/news-2/lord-marrowgar-us-ptr-testing/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH9bY-ZBiUI
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 12:18:52 PM by Thebadme » Logged

Deepz
Administrator
Hungry Wizard

WHO WANTS SOME FUCKING NESQUIK?

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 01:04:32 PM »

Fucking yawn of an encounter.  It's like Sharaz + Supremus, minus the teleports.  Also, circling around the boss is probably better than an arc behind him it looks like.

Each colored circle consists of a group healer, and ranged dps. The tank healers can go with any group as long as they aren't in the same group.

Nobody stands behind the melee, and nobody stands behind the tanks.

Before whirlwind, melee backs straight out.  Tanks can stay in apparently.  Each group is responsible for being next to each other, not in front of each other.

ie: Groups should be -    x   x   x   x 

and not -
x   x 
x   x

They are responsible for breaking out their own spikes.  Healers cover their own group and the groups nearby.
Thebadme
Mascot
2girls1cup

I'm bad

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 01:14:12 PM »

the whirlwind is basically a level 80 version of the leothras whirlwind (does X damage + puts a bleed on you). everyone could easily survive 1 hit of it but but no one should ever get hit by him it seems like he move so damn slow that you could almost RP walk and still kite him.

heroic mode the WW is probably going to shit trains and the bleed might even stack, and he will probably move much faster (in addition to the more hp, hit's harder, etc shit.)

Pages: [1] Print

« previous next »
Jump to:  

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function show_bottomAds()