Welcome, %1$s. Please login or register.
HOME FORUM HELP DKP SEARCH LOGIN REGISTER 
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn  (Read 12920 times)
Rey
Mascot
goatse

Yeah?

View Profile Email
« on: July 18, 2013, 04:22:40 PM »

Is anybody going to play FFXIV: A Realm Reborn? I've been playing the beta and it's ermazing.

Need some pplz to roll wit me!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 07:18:03 AM by Rey » Logged

monmoth
Guild Member
Hungry Wizard

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 05:00:37 PM »

Were you playing a healer? I found the conjurer class to be very boring to play in phase 2. It had no interesting mechanics. The game is way better than it was and it has all the things you'd want from a modern MMO but that's it. It doesn't really break any new ground. The main thing going for it is that it's FF and their art is amazing.

Also I doubt how polished the game will be when it comes out. Its been in beta for 6 months but they only left the servers up for a day or two every couple of weeks. In addition there are a bunch of features they didn't release in beta at all. Jobs for example were only tested by those that had 1.0 characters. I'd like to be wrong but we'll see in a month or so.
Rey
Mascot
goatse

Yeah?

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 05:34:32 AM »

Yeah, I played a healer for the most part, but I also used beta cheatz and got insta-leveled in all the other classes up to 15. All of the classes had a unique draw to them, especially how you can mix and match abilities from different classes to form your "own" class. Did you play 3rd phase beta? That's when I got in, and things seemed pretty smooth to me.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 07:18:36 AM by Rey » Logged

monmoth
Guild Member
Hungry Wizard

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 03:44:23 AM »

I made it to level 15 in phase two and healed the first instance. They might have changed some stuff after that, but I didn't get a chance to try it again. Only having to make one character is very nice. Also the gear locker they have works well with that so you don't have to worry about inventory space. I'll wait and see what people think when phase 4(open beta) starts.
Southy
Guild Member
goatse

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 04:29:57 PM »

Healing is, atm, lacking. Only one healing class, and only one spell worth casting, which is a direct single target, make CNJ the most boring mmo experience I've ever had. Low level content is at least well put together, the classes are horrendously imbalanced but that doesn't really matter when all you're doing is 4 player dungeons I guess.
monmoth
Guild Member
Hungry Wizard

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2013, 06:17:40 PM »

There are rumors that the arcanist's jobs will give another healing class. The entire class is not going to be out until release according to square, and I bet it gets pushed. It will either be awful or OP just like any new class.
monmoth
Guild Member
Hungry Wizard

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2013, 03:49:19 AM »

IF anyone is still interested in FF14 and hasn't bought it yet greenmangaming.com has it on sale for 25% off with this code GMG25-OGRUH-7SM8H I ended up getting it since a bunch of people I know from work will be playing.

All the progress from the open beta phase,which is the 17th-19th, will transfer over in to live, so if you try it out you should roll on the server you plan to play on. I'll be on gilgamash.
Himeko
Guild Member
lemonparty

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2013, 07:57:57 PM »

Fuck trying to pug Titan HM. That is all.

monmoth
Guild Member
Hungry Wizard

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2013, 07:27:48 AM »

What server are you playing on?
Andraxion
tubgirl

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2013, 11:04:22 PM »

I still have characters on Gilgamesh but Modified pretty much disbanded/went back to WoW, so I'm pretty much done with the game. Anyone here still active?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 11:12:50 PM by Andraxion » Logged
Bag
Guild Member
Mr.Hands

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2013, 09:15:35 AM »

started this on Faerie...  so far, meh.

Like Broseph Stalin, you are leading the way to the dictatorship of the broletariate. It is truly revbrolutionary. Like the Bro v. Wade of our generation. You brobliterate the enemy from the very peak of Mt. Brolympus. That's some shit. That's brolific. But that's the kind of bro you are.
monmoth
Guild Member
Hungry Wizard

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2013, 10:28:41 AM »

I transferred to Gilgamesh when transfers opened up. After playing for a while at max level it's clear how much they copied from WoW. That's not a bad thing, but they don't have all the quality of life stuff that WoW has now a days. I'm playing some, but I want to see how their first big patch is in a couple of weeks. There are lots of really weird design choices in that patch ( EG their first 24 man raid can't be queued for with more than 8 people) and ones that were obviously done to extend content between patches. It might end up adding enough stuff to keep the game fun but otherwise there just isn't enough to do at the end game right now.
Pages: [1] Print

« previous next »
Jump to:  

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function show_bottomAds()